...[A] necessary addition to [a] graduate education bookshelf... i used to be a piece daunted via the big, nearly 600-page booklet that landed on my table, yet as soon as i began analyzing it I had a difficult time placing it down!"--Melanie D. Hetzel-Riggin, PhD, Penn kingdom, magazine of Trauma and Dissociation
[This publication is] heavy in weight and heavy in substance...It will be that you'll no longer learn this booklet from conceal to hide, however it is probably going that you're going to leap out and in, and often."--Illness, hindrance, and Loss
[Lisa Lopez Levers's] paintings grants an immense contribution to let starting pros to be familiarised with the fundamentals of trauma and to supply experts together with her hidden gem stones of perception. Her determination to hide trauma, in its broadest feel, permits her textbook to supply leading edge insights into real-world options comparable to: hate, racism, oppression and evil, in admire to trauma."--Intervention
Trauma Counseling is a finished, multidisciplinary advisor to the idea and remedy of survivors of a vast spectrum of disturbing occasions, together with interpersonal violence, hate crimes, university violence, group violence, traditional mess ups, and struggle and terrorism. it really is written by way of a Fulbright pupil who's across the world famous for her paintings with traumatized populations in Rwanda, a number of southern African nations, Russia, and the USA. it's also the contributions of researchers from the us, Australia, Africa, and Europe.
The e-book discusses evidence-based trauma overview and intervention concepts and integrates the newest findings from neuropsychology and psychopharmacology. It makes a speciality of problems with loss and grief, survivorship and incapacity, genocide, ordinary mess ups, the influence of battle on civilians and veterans, and the distinctive results of trauma in early youth, youth, and early life. additionally addressed are moral views and strategies of self-care for counselors who paintings with this inhabitants. The textual content should be of price to graduate counseling scholars counselors in addition to social employees, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and different human provider services, who can be capable of attend to trauma survivors with a intensity of data and self belief. The contents of Trauma Counseling not just satisfy yet exceed the necessities of The Council of Accreditation and Counseling and similar academic software (CACREP) standards.
- Addresses the idea and therapy of trauma survivors of interpersonal violence, hate crimes, university violence, neighborhood violence, usual failures, and warfare and terrorism
- Provides a multidisciplinary method of therapy that integrates findings from neuropsychology and psychopharmacology.
- Includes evidence-based counseling ideas
- Illuminates the intersections of trauma, drawback, and catastrophe matters, exceeding comparable standards of CACREP criteria
- Examines moral dimensions and the necessity for self-care between trauma counselors
- Emphasizes the relevance of scientific supervision in trauma care
- Offers topic-relevant assets on the finish of every bankruptcy