By Janet P. Stamatel (auth.), Marvin D. Krohn, Alan J. Lizotte, Gina Penly Hall (eds.)
This instruction manual offers a accomplished remedy of the sphere of criminology on the flip of the twenty first century. it really is designed to study the $64000 fresh advancements within the sociology of crime and deviance, including:
- History of the self-discipline: with an emphasis at the seventeenth, 18th, and nineteenth century, this part illustrates how old theories within the self-discipline have an effect on modern day study and practice.
- Methodological matters in Crime examine: together with state of the art suggestions, written through those that at present use them. This part covers qualitative and quantitative, longitudinal and cross-sectional tools. It additionally good points mapping, trajectories, HLM, latent development versions, NIBRS.
- Explanations of Crime: together with biological/genetic, mental, social constitution, and social method factors.
- Theory-Based perform: with a spotlight on prevention and cessation of crime, rather early-childhood improvement, situational prevention, and disistence techniques.
- Special subject matters: this part contains chapters on crime-related concerns reminiscent of gangs, weapons, peer strain, drug use, baby abuse/domestic violence, university crime, and hate crime, and criminal-justice similar matters together with capital punishment, restorative justice, neighborhood policing, and race and gender in felony processing.
With its interdisciplinary assurance of either historic examine and state-of-the-art strategy and idea, this quantity can be crucial for someone doing examine in Criminology, felony Justice, or Sociology.
Read Online or Download Handbook on Crime and Deviance PDF
Best Sociology books
E-book by way of Spender, Dale
Modern events and Ideologies introduces the reader to significant international social events. It outlines the fundamental strategies and theories for the research of social hobbies and gives summaries of the guidelines, objectives, association, ideas and social bases of 8 significant different types of activities, i. e.
Extra resources for Handbook on Crime and Deviance