By R. Eric Miller DVM DACZM, Murray E. Fowler DVM DACZM DACVIM DABVT
With assurance of present concerns and rising trends, Fowler's Zoo and Wild Animal drugs, quantity 7 provides a entire, all-new reference for the administration of zoo and flora and fauna illnesses. A present remedy structure emphasizes the newest advances within the box, together with foodstuff, analysis, and therapy protocols. state-of-the-art assurance comprises themes similar to the "One drugs" notion, laparoscopic surgical procedure in elephants and rhinoceros, amphibian viral ailments, and complicated water caliber overview for zoos. Editors R. Eric Miller and Murray E. Fowler advertise a philosophy of animal conservation, bridging the space among captive and free-ranging wild animal drugs with chapters contributed via greater than a hundred overseas experts.
- The present treatment format specializes in rising tendencies, therapy protocols, and diagnostic updates new to the sphere, supplying well timed details at the most modern advances in zoo and wild animal medicine.
- Content ranges from drug therapy, nutrients, husbandry, surgical procedure, and imaging to behavioral training.
- Coverage of species levels from giraffes, elephants, lions, and orangutans to sea turtles, hellbenders, bats, kakapos, and more.
- An large record of contributors contains well-known authors from around the globe, providing professional details with chapters concentrating on the most recent study and scientific administration of captive and free-ranging wild animals.
- A philosophy of animal conservation is helping zoo and natural world veterinarians satisfy not just the technical elements of veterinary drugs, yet give a contribution to the final organic groups had to rescue many threatened and endangered species from extinction.
- All content material is new, with insurance together with insurance of state-of-the-art concerns reminiscent of white-nose ailment in bats, updates on Ebola virus in wild nice apes, and chytrid fungus in amphibians.
- Full-color photographs depict exterior scientific symptoms for extra exact scientific recognition.
- Discussions of the "One drugs" concept contain chapters addressing the interface among natural world, cattle, human, and atmosphere health.
- New sections disguise Edentates, Marsupials, Carnivores, Perrissodactyla, and Camelids.
- Over a hundred new tables offer a short connection with a variety of topics.
- An emphasis on retaining threatened and endangered species globally consists of 102 professional authors representing 12 diverse nations.